Sunday, August 12, 2012

Card Classes Friday 17 August

This week's classes are a salute and farewell to 3 retiring stamp sets. My stamp set collection has taken quite a hit from the retirement list this year so I will be restocking with new and exciting stamp sets from the new annual catalogue and new seasonal catalogue coming out on 1 September (yahoo for you and me, boo hoo for my bank balance!)

There was no way to get this eclectic set of cards to look nice in the one photo so here is an individual shot of each of them. 


I'll be sad to see the Totally Tool set go from the annual catalogue - it was definitely an old favourite for male cards. This card uses the faux leather technique. 


I overlooked the Happiness Shared stamp set for a couple of catalogues before finally buying it ... so I thought we'd better use it in a class before it goes! 


Finally, the Loads of Love stamp set and co-ordinating accessories are going this year. I did this card for one of my very first classes .... so only 2 other people have done it - ha! I had a request from Chris to do this one in class. It is an interactive cards so kids love it! 

Usual class details:- 
10am and 7.30pm Friday 17 August
5 Capricorn Street, Bentley Park
$20 for 3 cards - all materials and equipment provided (although you might like to bring your own mat pack and paper piecer to save time on the faux stitching)

STAMP CLUB

Stamp Club is on this Wednesday night - 7.30pm. Please email your order if you can't make it. Jo A is the hostess-with-the-mostest this month. 

HUGE THANK YOU

I was crook in the lead up to the Mini-Retreat (during the retreat and also after the retreat!) so I'd like to say a huge thank you to my dear friend, Tina, for all of her help, motivation and support with the Mini-Retreat. The weekend would not have been as successful without your help, Tina, so thank you so much! Love you! 

And also a big shout out to John for all of his photocopying and support and my beautiful Mum for coming up to help John with the kids. Love you both all the world. 

SOME NEWS FROM SU! 


NEW LOOK FOR WOOD-MOUNT STAMP LABELS

10 August 2012
As you start to receive new wood-mount stamp sets from the 2012-2013 annual catalogue, you'll probably notice something different! The labels for all new stamps are cut in the shape of the images--similar to the labels for our clear-mount stamps. We hope that you will enjoy this updated look to our classic wood-mount stamp sets.
Please note that this change applies to new stamp sets only--image labels for carryover sets will remain the same.


STAMP SETS FOR HIRE

With the Retirement List out, I have reorganised my stamp sets and cleared out the retired sets to the hiring boxes. There are a huge number of retired stamp sets available for hire if you need a bit of a change from your current range. Cost is $5 per month per stamp set. 

CHRISTMAS WEEKEND

With the success of the Mini-Retreat, everyone is keen to have another one asap.... and I'm mad enough to do it! Watch this space for further details - I'm thinking of a Christmas theme. 

Have a great week. 
Sally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment